Saturday, December 03, 2005

Hotel Rwanda (2004)

Hotel Rwanda (2004)[dir. Terry George]

Review
I never reviewed Hotel Rwanda when it first came out. It's a deeply personal and moving film, and i really can't say much except wow about the film itself. About the project, i was stunned.

Now i have gotten and watched the dvd, which includes a documentary. I have not yet brought myself to the point where i can watch the film with commentary but i will.

In the meantime let me say the doc is as heart-rending as the film. And the film itself wields the same, if not more, power than it did on my first viewing. It must go down as one of the great conscience films of our time. It already is one of the great films.

Just wanted to talk about my respect for the entire production before i move on.


Reviews at Rotten Tomatoes
Tags: , , , , , ,